FCT call for PhD grantsFCT
has opened the 2010 call for applications
for PhD individual Grants (first deadline 14 June 17h00, second deadline 6 September 17h00
CAUP will support applications that are broadly relevant for the following research topics:
For further details please see CAUP's web pages about research
Applications for work programs with external co-supervision will be preferred. For further inquires and requests of information please use the contact below or contact directly a potential supervisor at CAUP (see the list of researchers).
CAUP has the largest Astronomy research team in Portugal, and has been awarded the highest classification by FCT. CAUP offers excellent conditions for the development of PhD research projects, and well established connections with major Astronomy research institutes in Europe. All PhD students are integrated in the ongoing national (FCT) and international (EC) funded projects.
The calendar, for the June deadline, is the following:
The calendar, for the September deadline, is the following:
- 7 June: submission to CAUP of a CV, together with a brief statement of research preferences (with indication of the supervisor, if already defined)
- 8 June: pre-selected candidates will be contacted in order to proceed with the detailed preparation of the application
- up to 14 June: the full application is reviewed by the supervisor at CAUP and submitted to FCT
- 21 July: submission to CAUP of a CV, together with a brief statement of research preferences (with indication of the supervisor, if already defined)
- 23 July: pre-selected candidates will be contacted in order to proceed with the detailed preparation of the application
- up to 6 September: the full application is reviewed by the supervisor at CAUP and submitted to FCT
If you want to have CAUP as the host institution of your PhD project funded by an FCT grant please contact Prof. Pedro Viana
(Interin Head of the Training Unit). The pre-application must be sent by email (a single PDF file is preferred) to this contact within the indicated dates (7 June for the first deadline and 21 July for the second deadline
). Only pre-selected applicants will be supported by CAUP.
Jorge F. Gameiro
Carlos J. A. P. Martins
Mário J. P. F. G. Monteiro
Nuno C. Santos
Pedro T. P. Viana
Publication Date:The period for application submission has ended for this opportunity.
10th of May, 2010